#RemakeJam is a game jam where you remake your very first game!
#RemakeJam invites participants to contextualize themselves and their current state as game-makers by recognizing their past work and how they’ve grown. Jammers shall use the duration of the game jam to remake the very first game they created, adapting them to use any new skills, aesthetics, or techniques they developed since they started. In doing so, we hope that jammers can be inspired by how they’ve grown and evolved as creatives.
Rules of #RemakeJam
Right now, there are few rules and guidelines for #RemakeJam
- If you have the capacity to radically change the design of an old game in exciting new ways that reflect your current interests, you are encouraged to do so.
- Many of us might have lost access to our original games, either technology might have evolved to the point where they are no longer playable or original project files cannot be found. If that’s the case, that’s totally okay, but I encourage participants to include builds of their original games for comparison’s sake.
- Entries containing any form of hate-speech are not permitted, and will be removed.
- Working on an entry prior to the start of the jam is permitted if the game being remade is of large scope.
- Share your progress to the #RemakeJam hashtag!