Some of you might know that I’m running a team for the 2014 Dare to be Digital competition, a nine-week international game design competition in Scotland. My team, Overly Kinetic, is comprised of the fantastic Esteban Fajardo, Catherine Fox, Alec Faulkner, and Tommy Hoffman, and our game is Chambara, a multiplayer first-person stealth-action game with too many adjectives in it. Check out the video pitch below to learn about it, because frankly, its actually really hard to describe it with words.
So in a nutshell
- First-person stealth deathmatch game for PC
- Dichomatic aesthetic: hide in plain sight
- Local multiplayer
- Pitching for the 2014 Dare to be Digital Competition
But Chambara can’t exist without your help! While Dare to be Digital will provide the tools, room, and board to allow us to produce the game for the Protoplay festival in August and compete for the coveted Ones to Watch BAFTA, competitors are still responsible for getting themselves to Scotland, which is a thing that we will need to turn to you to accomplish. We’re running an Indiegogo campaign to fund this journey, which you can access here. If we don’t get into the competition, the raised money will be donated to the Child’s Play Charity.
Here are the rewards that you can get for pledging:
- $10 – Credit in the finished game
- $30 – Credit, full digital game & personal thank-you card
- $50 – Credit, Chambara Poster, full digital game, & personal thank-you card
- $100 – Credit, Chambara T-shirt, full digital game, & personalized thank-you card
- $300 – Credit, Chambara T-shirt, Chambara poster, full digital game & personalized thank-you card
So if you’re interested, head on over to the crowdfunding site and pledge to the project!